POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Refractor Pool Lighting #1 (505k) : [WIP] Refractor Pool Lighting #1 (505k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  [WIP] Refractor Pool Lighting #1 (505k)
From: Test User
Date: 24 Oct 2003 04:38:26
Message: <3f98e502@news.povray.org>
I just found POV-Ray yesterday (well, day before yesterday at this point).
Thank you to those who made this available. I'm in awe and full of
excitement at the things I'll now be able to do.

Working on a concept I read in a novel once about common areas that were lit
by refracting pools in big underground rooms to escape the heat of their
triple suns.

It's lit by a single light source, far outside this room. It will eventually
be lit by three light sources, all outside the room. The column is a hollow
tube (or sets of tubes to get the look right). The innermost one is
mirrored. I'm thinking of changing the room to a sandstone dome, and of
course decorating it.

I tried quite some time ago to put together this same concept in 3dsmax and
it failed the task miserably. I thought I would never get a chance to try it
out.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Refractor_Pool_3.PNG' (506 KB)

Preview of image 'Refractor_Pool_3.PNG'
Refractor_Pool_3.PNG